Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blogging Again

I recently just started blogging and did not realize what it really takes to blog. It's a commitment! My schedule has been very crazy lately and I have not made the time to blog. So, even though I just started I stopped just as recent. I miss blogging though. For me blogging was a great way for me to share something I take pride in. My natural hair!

This is another commitment but I have not let the process of maintaining healthy hair fall off the band wagon. 4 months ago I made a commitment to stay heat free until my birthday. It was a trying time for me. There were times when I would look at the blow dryer and flat iron and get very tempted to just straighten my hair. I new that if I reverted back than all the money and effort spent would go to waste (once I buckle in then I'm like an addict). Blogging has helped me within the 4 months stay true to my natural hair. Well I recently had my birthday and was very surprised that I was very reluctant to straighten my hair. As a promise to myself I did and hated the process but loved the results. My hair was both healthy and shiny. I took extra precaution which made for extra time. 4 hours later on Sunday my hair was straight and I am pleased to say that I have reached my hair length goal (color bone length).

I'm working on a new long term goal for myself and once I made this goal I will share. My very short term goal is to keep my hair moisturized while it is straight and work on styles that do not require added heat on my hair. One Sunday of heat is enough! Thanks to blogging I am able to share this process. I'm a firm believer that it takes a village to raise strong healthy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment